Award-winning and bestselling author Amy Atwell worked in professional theater for 15 years before turning from the stage to the page to write fiction. She now gives her imagination free rein in both contemporary and historical stories that feature smart women and noble men who find love while managing to mend their meddlesome families. Her manuscripts and books have earned her a Golden Heart® nomination, over 25 other contest finals and her self-published historical romance Ambersley has been featured on the Top 100 Books lists for both Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook. An Ohio native, Amy has lived all across the country and now resides on a barrier island in Florida with her husband, two Russian Blues and a demon kitten. Visit her online at her website, Facebook, Twitter and/or GoodReads.
Teaching and Speaker Bio
Amy Atwell is the author of two romance novels and founder of Author E.M.S. and the WritingGIAM online community. As part of her efforts to “pay it forward,” she’s developed and taught live workshops and online classes including Your Pitch Begins With You: Strengthening Your Pitch by Strengthening Your Presentation Skills, Prose & Contests: Everything You Wanted To Know About Writing Contests But Were Afraid To Ask, and Conceive—Believe—Achieve: Goal-Setting as a Proven Path from Abstract Wish to Concrete Plan. She now develops materials for the Author E.M.S. online resource library, researching, curating and sharing information on copyright, ISBNs, social media, promotion and improving productivity. There you can find her teaching online classes and webinars such as Introduction to Your Self-Publishing Business, Creating a Book Launch Plan, Creating a Social Media Plan, with more to come. Visit her online at her website, Facebook, Twitter and/or GoodReads.
Awards & Activities
- 2011 Founded Author E.M.S.
- 2011 Romance Writers of America® Service Award
- 2010 Founded Publishing Underground
- 2010 RWA Pro Steering Committee Chair
- 2009 TGN Golden Pen Contest Coordinator
- 2008 RWA Golden Heart® Finalist
- 2007 RWA Long Range Planning Committee
- 2004 Founded WritingGIAM
- Member of Romance Writers of America
- Member of Mystery Writers of America
- Member of Historical Novel Society
- Member of The Golden Network (comprised of RWA Golden Heart finalists)
- Member of Pixie Chicks (2008 Golden Heart finalists)
- Founder of Author E.M.S. (first aid for frazzled authors)
- Founder of Publishing Underground (collective of indie authors)
- Founder of WritingGIAM “where writers with goals make friends”